NAIOP Supports Rising CRE Leaders through Diversity Student Scholarship
NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, has announced six recipients of its annual Diversity Student Scholarship. The scholarship program supports students who are pursuing a degree in commercial real estate and is a key component of the association’s pledge to advance diversity in the industry.
“NAIOP is proud to invest in the next generation of commercial real estate leaders and contribute toward increasing diversity in the industry through our Diversity Student Scholarship program,” said Thomas J. Bisacquino, NAIOP president and CEO. “These talented scholars stand out for their passion for commercial real estate, and we’re excited to see what’s next for their careers.”
NAIOP is awarding four $5,000 graduate student scholarships and two $2,500 undergraduate student scholarships to individuals from demographics that are traditionally underrepresented in commercial real estate and whose universities are part of the NAIOP University Membership program.
In addition to the scholarship, each scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to make new professional connections and sharpen his or her commercial real estate acumen with complimentary registration to attend NAIOP’s CRE.Converge 2022, Oct. 10-12, in Chicago.
Recipients of NAIOP’s 2022 Diversity Student Scholarship are:
- Lauren Czorniak, a graduate student in the Master of Real Estate Development program at the University of California Berkeley, and a member of NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area.
- Quang Nhat Linh Nhan, a graduate student in the Master of Business Administration program with a major in supply chain management at the Indiana University Kelley School of Business, and a member of NAIOP Indiana.
- Scott Nunes, an undergraduate student at the University of California San Diego pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in real estate and development, and a member of NAIOP San Diego.
- Jacqueline Serna, an undergraduate student at Marquette University pursuing a Bachelor of Science in business administration with a major in commercial real estate and marketing, and a member of NAIOP Wisconsin.
- Pedro Vazquez, a graduate student in the Master of Real Estate Development program at Auburn University, and a member of NAIOP Alabama.
- Corban Williams, a graduate student in the Master of Science in Real Estate Development and Master of Science in City and Regional Planning dual-degree program at Clemson University, and a NAIOP Member at Large.
To learn more about NAIOP’s strategic initiatives to advance diversity, visit naiop.org/diversity.
# # #
About NAIOP: NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial, retail and mixed-use real estate. NAIOP comprises 20,000 members in North America. NAIOP advances responsible commercial real estate development and advocates for effective public policy. For more information, visit naiop.org.