Virtual Forum Meetings
National Forums groups are encouraged to hold virtual meetings with the cancellation of the 2020 National Forums Symposium to maintain group continuity and to discuss industry related issues associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Groups may either utilize their own virtual meeting platform or are welcome to have NAIOP set up a meeting using its Zoom account.
To set up a Zoom virtual meeting for your group, Forum leaders should contact Susan Bornt, National Forums Administrator.
Usage of NAIOP’s Zoom Platform – Guidelines
- NAIOP retains control and confidentiality of its user login and password.
- NAIOP will manage the scheduling, set-up, and start of Zoom virtual meetings from this platform on behalf of Forum groups.
- NAIOP is designated as the default meeting Host throughout the meeting.
- As with National Forums meetings, conversations are considered to be confidential. NAIOP staff administrators will start the meeting, but will mute their line so they do not hear what is being discussed.
- NAIOP will provide Forum leaders with meeting invitation links for them to distribute to their members.
- Zoom virtual meetings will be limited to up to 90 minutes in length.
- Requests for Zoom meetings must be submitted by a group chair or vice chair to Susan Bornt one meeting at a time and received no less than 48 hours in advance.
- NAIOP’s virtual programs and meetings, scheduled and impromptu, take precedence over Forum requests. NAIOP will notify Forum leadership as far in advance as possible if there is as schedule change and make every effort to find an alternative time that is convenient for the Forum.
National Forum Responsibilities:
- To structure virtual meetings and to provide a high-value experience for members, it is recommended that group leadership develop an agenda. Please contact Forum staff for suggestions or assistance with agenda development.
- Forum groups are responsible for running their meeting.
- Forum leadership should reserve a meeting date/time in advance by providing all requested information in a timely manner.
- Forum leadership is responsible for meeting confirmation and distribution of invitation links to their members.
- Group leaders should monitor and track program or meeting attendance.
How to Reserve a Zoom Webinar or Meeting:
Requests should be sent to Susan Bornt.
The following information should be included in requests:
- Requested date & time
- Length of program/meeting
- Slides: Y/N
Please contact Susan Bornt, National Forums Administrator.