What Does the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Mean to Your Business?
February 27, 2018
2-3 p.m. ET
Location: Your Office
This webinar was presented February 28, 2018. NAIOP members can register to view the archived webinar.
The Advantage Series is an exclusive member benefit, delivering expert insights into the latest research to help you make informed business decisions.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provides the most significant overhaul of the Internal Revenue Code in more than 30 years. This webinar will walk you through specific business provisions in the new tax law that are of most interest to members of the real estate industry, including not only a practical explanation of how the rules will apply in layman’s terms, but also a discussion of possible changes in business structures and/or operations that could minimize tax liabilities and thus maximize cash flow. Included in the topics covered will be:
- The 20 percent flow-through deduction.
- Taxpayer-favorable depreciation rules.
- The 30 percent limitation on business interest expense.
- The excess business loss limitation and net operating losses.
- New rules on carried interests.
- Changes to the like-kind exchange rules.
- Taxability of government grants.
- Changes in the rehabilitation tax credit.
This webinar is intended to provide information and insight to industry practitioners and does not constitute advice or recommendations. NAIOP disclaims any liability for action taken as a result.
Crystal Christenson, CPA, MST
Partner, Construction and Real Estate