Adaptive Reuse: Challenges, Opportunities and Benefits
Developers of successful adaptive reuse projects have a knack for finding creative solutions to transform aging structures to new, fresh uses in an exciting way. But according to architect Brian Curtner, a founding partner of Quadrangle Architects Limited, those creative solutions are usually not a blinding flash of brilliance but instead depend on a careful analysis of the old buildings to fully appreciate their pluses and minuses.
In this session, Brian will cover the following areas of adaptive reuse:
- Definitions -- what does adaptive reuse really mean?
- Best practices -- key ingredients for a successful project.
- Approvals process -- dealing with zoning and coding issues.
- Sustainability -- how "green" is adaptive reuse?
- Project examples -- how Quadrangle rose to the challenge.
- Lessons learned -- pitfalls to avoid.
- Next Steps -- adaptive reuse going forward.
Presented by Brian Curtner, Principal, Quadrangle Architects Limited
Add a Comment
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules. All comments will display your real name.