Nominations close Friday, February 28
January 21, 2020
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2020 Developer of the Year – NAIOP's highest honor.
This annual award recognizes a developer demonstrating exceptional leadership and innovation in commercial real estate. Nominees must be a Principal member in good standing and will be judged by a panel of industry peers using the following criteria:
- Outstanding quality of projects and services. Detail your portfolio’s innovation through the incorporation of sustainability, technology, building wellness and resiliency as they apply to development and building operations. Judges take into consideration the size and diversity of a nominee’s portfolio.
- Financial consistency and stability. Detail your company’s strategies for return on investment, economic sustainability and success.
- Ability to adapt to market conditions. Detail your company’s adaptability and success navigating economic, community impact, demographic and environmental conditions.
- Active support of the industry through NAIOP. Detail how your company and your employees are involved in NAIOP through the number of active NAIOP members, your chapter participation, your support of NAIOP Corporate programs, and your employees’ participation on chapter and Corporate Boards of Directors.
- Support of the local community. Detail your company’s charitable and philanthropic activities within your market.
How to nominate: Nominations are accepted via online nomination tool only. You must create an account, and you can save/edit your nomination as you add information. Selected finalists will be asked to submit hard copy nominations.
The Developer of the Year will be honored during NAIOP’s fall CRE.Converge 2020 conference in Las Vegas and will receive considerable publicity and promotion, including a feature cover story in the fall issue of Development magazine. See more at naiop.org/doy.
Questions? Contact Kathryn Hamilton, vice president for marketing and communications, or Debra Lenino, marketing director, NAIOP, at 703-904-7100.