Hotel and Travel Information
1001 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Book your reservation in NAIOP’s room block at the Capital Hilton here.
- The Capital Hilton is offering a special rate of $249 single/double, exclusive of taxes. The discounted rate will be offered until Monday, January 15, 2018, or until the room block has been filled, whichever occurs first.
- To book a room at the Capital Hilton, call the toll-free number 1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667) or call the hotel directly at 202-393-1000. Ask for the special NAIOP rate of $249 single/double, exclusive of taxes. You may also book online using NAIOP’s direct booking website.
- A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required to hold each individual’s reservation. Should a guest cancel a reservation, the deposit will be refunded if notice is received at least 72 hours prior to arrival. Name changes to room reservations may be made up to one day prior to arrival at no additional charge.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Distance from hotel: 5 miles; drive time: 20 minutes.
- Washington Dulles International Airport
Distance from hotel: 25 miles; drive time: 45 minutes.
- Baltimore/Washington International
Distance from hotel: 30 miles; drive time: 1 hour.
To learn more about transportation options to and from the Capital Hilton, visit the hotel website.
Valet parking is available for $60 per day. There is no self-parking at the hotel. There are nearby garages within walking distance.
Average February temperatures in Washington, D.C., range from an average high of 47 degrees to a low of 30 degrees.
Chapter Leadership & Legislative Retreat Travel and Expense Policy:
- Attendees who have been pre-approved by their chapter board will be reimbursed for hotel and travel (per the noted travel regulation). Medium and large chapters can have up to five (5) approved attendees and small chapters can have up to four (4) approved attendees for reimbursement.
- Session/event attendance at CL&LR will determine the attendee’s deductible. The following are eligible to be counted toward reimbursement: (1) All concurrent sessions; (2) Bonus Session for Chapter Leaders; (3) Canadian Chapter Session; (4) Capitol Hill visits (two visits count as one option).
- $375 deductible – attend a minimum of four options.
- $500 deductible – attend a minimum of three options.
- Attendees who fail to meet the minimum attendance requirements for the two deductible options will not be reimbursed for hotel and travel expenses.
- Corporate Board members who have been pre-approved by their chapter to represent their chapter at CL&LR will be eligible for a $375 deductible if they attend a minimum of three options.
- All attendees must sign in to breakout sessions to receive credit for attendance. To receive credit for Capitol Hill visits, return Capitol Hill feedback forms to Jessica Negron. These forms are available at the Retreat and online.
- Airline tickets must be coach fare, non-refundable with a 21-day advance purchase. Tickets purchased within a 21-day window will be reimbursed at the average 21-day fare for that route. Attendees should utilize alternative local airports (IAD, DCA or BWI) if by doing so the airfare savings is $300 or more. If a flight is greater than 1000 miles, an attendee should use connections if the savings from doing so is $300 or greater.
- NAIOP will reimburse for one checked bag per attendee.