About the Forums
NAIOP’s National Forums program offers an unparalleled opportunity for commercial real estate professionals from across North America to share best industry practices and develop long-lasting relationships in a confidential small-group environment. Forum members address the challenges they face in their work and explore new business opportunities. In the process, members become a trusted group of advisors and friends.
National Forums meet twice a year as a group at the National Forums Symposium in the spring and at the annual conference in the fall. The Forums next meet at the NAIOP CRE.Converge conference in Chicago, Illinois (October 10-12, 2022).
Cost and What is Included
The annual fee for a Forum membership is $1,995 (the two-year Developing Leaders Forums program the fee is also $1,995). For those joining after June 1, the fee is prorated to $1,295. This includes the following:
- Registration to the National Forums Symposium in the spring and the CRE.Converge conference in the fall.
- All educational sessions at NAIOP’s 2022 CRE.Converge conference in the fall.
- Networking receptions with all 920+ members of the Forums program.
- Exclusive project tours.
- Leadership development workshop in the spring.
- Lunch and private dinners out with members of your group at top restaurants in each meeting city.
To apply to the National Forums program, you must:
- Be a current NAIOP member in good standing.
- Have 10 years of related industry experience to apply to the established topical groups (4 years of industry experience is required for the Developing Leaders Forum program).
How to Apply
The application period ahead of the fall meetings at CRE.Converge starts June 1. A link to the application is below. (Applications will be reviewed and sent to Forum leadership of consideration on a rolling basis.
Application Review and Criteria
Applications are initially received by NAIOP, but final review and acceptance is the responsibility of group volunteer leadership and members. Forums typically seek geographic diversity in their membership to limit potential market overlap. Applicants are evaluated based such criteria as skill set and their location. Not all groups are currently accepting applications as they may be at their size limit. We may not be able to accommodate an applicant’s first choice and encourage the selection of two, or more, Forums on the application.
Questions About Group Selections and the Application Process
Please contact Bennett Gray, vice president, National Forums, or Susan Bornt, National Forums manager, if you have any questions about group availability, or the application process.