Exceptional Industrial Projects: Beyond the Box
Study 20 detailed cases showing the best in industrial project design — industrial parks, bulk warehouse, business distribution, adaptive reuse, sustainable development, special use and more.
There are nine major trends in American manufacturing and distribution that are covered in this book:
- Consolidation of major manufacturing and distribution operations-fewer locations and larger facilities
- Speed-to-market demands and the logistics of "just-in-time" shipping
- Strategic importance of proximity to intermodal transportation and suppliers
- Flexibility to accommodate growth and change
- Sophisticated materials handling systems that support increasing market demands for efficiency, customization and "high-touch"
- Individualized requirements that demand an "inside out" approach to infrastructure Access to a competitive labor market
- A return to the urban core and adaptive reuse
- An increased awareness of energy and environmental issues
This item is sold through Amazon. Please visit their website to order.
Add a Comment
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules. All comments will display your real name.