The Investor’s Guide to the E-commerce Galaxy
The ever-changing demands of today’s e-commerce user create challenges related to the design and future functionality of modern industrial warehouse/distribution properties. Understanding the drivers and longevity of these requirements and how they differ from a more traditional user has resulted in the investment community further scrutinizing their allocation of “industrial dollars.” Whether it is on the front-end funding of a build-to-suit e-commerce development or on the back-end purchase of a completed and fully-leased facility, the institutional investor must analyze several factors:
What is the re-usability/long-term sustainability of the building?
- What are the potential capital requirements needed to re-purpose the facility if vacant, and what are the tenant’s obligations regarding the condition of the premises upon lease expiration?
- How does the dollar investment made today, relative to the current rental rate, correlate to the future rental rate?
Download the presentation. (Note: If you are having difficulty opening or printing this large document, right click on the link and choose "Save Target As". Save the PDF to your computer, and then open that file and print it directly.)
- Chris Riley, Vice Chairman, CBRE
- Douglas A. Armbruster, Senior Vice President and Regional Director, IDI Gazeley
- Dayton Conklin, Director, Clarion Partners
- Nick Firth, Senior Vice President – Acquisitions, LaSalle Investment Management
- Todd Platt, CEO, Hillwood
Add a Comment
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules. All comments will display your real name.