A NAIOP National Forum selection committee evaluates applications and makes appointments. Their goal is to appoint a diverse group of experienced individuals from a variety of geographic locations and organizational backgrounds.
Individuals applying for an appointment to one of the National Forums must meet four criteria:
- Be a member of NAIOP in good standing
- Have a minimum of 10 years experience in the commercial real estate industry (A minimum of four years experience is required for the Developing Leaders Forum);
- Demonstrate significant experience in the specialization of the respective Forum; and
- Meet the membership category criteria for the respective Forum.
- Take advantage of a structured and focused way to meet the right people.
- Gain from the experience and vision of a close network of peers.
- Expand your thinking with new ideas from other areas of the United States and Canada.
- Get to know people well, in a small group format, where everyone feels welcome exchanging information.
- Continue to exchange information and network throughout the year, by participating in the National Forum email listservs, open only to Forum members.
- Access an online photo directory of all National Forum members, with each member's personal background information.
- Access to all content at the included Development meeting in the fall.
An Atmosphere of Confidentiality
A Forum atmosphere is one of trust, openness and confidentiality. Each Forum is capped at approximately 20 individuals to provide an optimum setting for discussion and debate among the participants.
Because the members of the group are geographically diverse, NAIOP National Forums surmount competitive barriers that may exist with local networking. In a National Forum, members feel free to interact openly with each other, and benefit from the input and expertise of the group. As they participate in this exchange of knowledge, Forum members find solutions to individual problems and identify new opportunities. NAIOP National Forums bring executive networking to the next level.
Networking Is On the Agenda
The Chair and Vice Chair of each Forum, in conjunction with selected Forum members, develop the session's agenda based on each area of specialization. Typical agendas may include such items as:
- Identify trends and assess the likely impact;
- Identify opportunities and how to harness them;
- Identify problems and propose solutions;
- Examine environmental factors for their impact;
- Present and examine case studies;
- Discuss market conditions around the country;
- Identify specific information needs and recommended how to fulfill them.
As a member of a National Forum, you will be required to:
- Actively participate, volunteering expertise and resources to help the Forum achieve its objectives;
- Attend your two National Forum sessions each year. Members are appointed for a three-year term that may be renewed. The appointment will not be renewed if a member misses more than two meetings during the three-year period.
- Remain a member of NAIOP in good standing, keeping your membership dues and Forum fees current. The annual National Forums fee is $1,545. The fee covers administrative, meeting and social function expenses, as well as admission to the National Forums Symposium. If you join after June 1, the fee is $550. The fee for participation in the Developing Leaders Forum is $1,545 for a two-year term.
How to Apply
Eligible NAIOP members may download the following applications and fax them to us. (Notification of appointment will be made by letter.)
Apply to the Limited and General Forums
There is a $1,545 annual participation fee for the General and Limited Forums. If you join after June1, the price is $775 for the remainder of the year.
Apply to the Developing Leaders Forum
There is a $1,545 participation fee for the two year program which includes four meetings.