What We Do
See our 2015-2017 Strategic Plan for details on the associations goals for:
- Education and Best Practices
- Networking and Business Opportunities
- Research and Content
Advocacy… connections… knowledge. NAIOP’s successes are powerful. View this video to view our accomplishments and see where we’re headed.
Connects Members from across North America
- Our network of 51 strong chapters connects members from all across North America. Our Chapters offer easy access to market education, personalized networking opportunities and legislative efforts in your community on a local level. See what’s happening in our chapters today.
- NAIOP National Forums are special interest groups for NAIOP members and provide an opportunity for exclusive networking and experience exchange with peers.
- The NAIOP Membership Directory unites more than 15,000 members in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- NAIOP has a special alliance with our sister association in Mexico, AMPIP. Learn more about AMPIP.
Creates Professional Recognition and Business Opportunities
- By attending NAIOP’s conferences, you have the opportunity to talk one-on-one with industry veterans, economists and experts.
- Our Developing Leaders Program provides special benefits to members who are 35 or younger, ensuring that they are prepared to lead tomorrow.
- We recognize industry leaders through our prestigious awards, including Developer of the Year, Developing Leaders Award, Sustainable Development Award and our Chapter Merit Awards.
Provides Cutting-Edge Educational Programs
- Gain industry insight through educational programs that advance your career.
- Our array of educational programs include online and on-demand courses, chapter-delivered programs and traditional courses that culminate in certificate programs that demonstrate educational commitment and knowledge in commercial real estate.
Delivers Strong Legislative Representation
- Advocating for your interests is the best investment you can make in your industry.
- NAIOP promotes effective public policy through our grassroots network to create, protect and enhance property values.
- Helps you advance legislative initiatives, such as real estate taxation issues, on Capitol Hill.
Leads the Industry in Research
- The NAIOP Research Foundation is one of the industry's leading think tanks dedicated to conducting research assessing the trends, economic viability and needs of the built environment.
- The Foundation produces forward-looking studies and vital reports that identify future development opportunities, assess employment trends and reveal the vital role commercial real estate plays in the economy.
- The Foundation's research projects support developers, owners and others involved in commercial real estate to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our communities, now and in the future.